- LEVEL: MASTERS
- FUNDING: FULLY
- PLACE: GERMANY
- DEADLINE: JUL 31, 2022
2023 Applications for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Master Scholarship will be received from 1st June to 31st July 2022. The focus of the program is to further qualify the future leaders in law, politics, economics, politics and administration according to the principles of good governance as well as preparing them in practice-oriented course for their life professionally.
Those eligible for the scholarships are the candidates from developing countries holding and Undergraduate degree to obtain a Master’s degree in discipline that is relevance to the societal growth and development.
Fields of study:
Master of Development of Governance, Analysis and Design of social protection systems, Master of public policy, management in Non-profit organizations, Peace and conflict studies, Development Studies, Master of Governance and Public Policy, Master of Public Manangement.
Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, Universitat Duisburg-Essen, Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt, Universitat Magdeburg, Hochschule Osnabruck, Universitat Passau, Universitat Potsdam in Germany.
Duration: 4 Semesters
Successful applicants will receive the following as their scholarship benefits:
- Health Insurance cover in Germany
- Monthly stipend of € 931
- A study and research grant
- Travel allowance
- Subsidies for rent and family supplements as applicable
- Special tutoring at their host institutions financed by DAAD
- Participate at different networking events
- Exempted from payment of tuition fees
The scholarship is open to citizens of the following countries:
- Eastern Europe, Central Asia and South Caucasus: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
- Africa, SubSaharan: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic, Ivory coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Swaziland, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principality, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Latin America
- Middle East, North, Agrica
- Western, Central, South-Eastern Europe
To apply for this scholarship, candidate must:
- Meet Language skills
- Be willing to actively contribute to the social, political and economic development of their home countries
- Have academic degree with far above average results
- Have a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit when returning to the home country;
- Most recent university degrees should be obtained in the last six years prior to the application for the scholarship
- Applicants who have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline are not considered as eligible
- All Masters courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants in any case.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, follow the steps below to submit the applications;
- Fill the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and study scholarships only once, making clear which study course is your first and second choice
- Write a single letter of motivation for both university courses you choose, justifying your first and second choice
- Submit the application form to the Master’s courses of your choice (not more than two), along with the required documents. Scholarships applications are only accepted via the Masters courses.
The language skills requirements and the language certificates vary based on the respective Masters’s course. The required application documents are:
- Checklist form, signed with place and date indication
- DAAD application form
- A single letter of motivation
- A curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order
- Copies of your higher academic qualifications.
- Copy of your full set of transcript of records
- Written confirmation of any work experience, internship or professional experience
- Recent language certificates( English or German)
- Current written reference from your current employer or from your university lecturers if you are a student at present, with letter head and signed, dated and stamped